Sunday, July 10, 2016

Car vs. Driver

This was one of those random cd's i bought even though I have heard some of their stuff. Because I like discography CD's I picked this one up from Stickfigure distro since it was for 5 bucks (Still is). It is a 2 disc set. First cd has the bands 2 LP's while the second disc has the bands 7", split, compilation songs, etc. The band has its emo/post hardcore flare that is a bit typical. I really like the bands LP's the most (So i am constantly stuck on the first cd) Car vs drive sticks out for me because of Cars get crushed so I had thought it be something similar but naahh. I think this might have been another Atlanta band that roamed with Inkwell and The Kossabone Red, I am too lazy to do some research right now. Although I am positive Car vs Driver was from Atlanta due to Stickfigure releasing this discography CD. I think Beyond failure blogspot have mentioned them. Even the dude from that blog had converted the original demo tape to mp3. He has more info on the band than I do since he was their during the scene. I'm just the middleman here. I really can't leave a long paragraph on this one since its pretty self explanatory. I just don't have much words for this one. Great band and very worth getting a copy of this 2xCD. The fact is a jewel case and not some crappy gatefold cardboard of some sort makes me give this a double thumbs up.

The Completeist 2xCD

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Car vs Driver were from Atlanta, and existed from 1993 to 1995. Inkwell formed during our existence as a band, and we were friends with them & played many shows together. The Kossabone Red came after us, but was from our scene. James, our drummer, started the Beyond Failure blog. He went on to the Hal Al Shedad after Car vs Driver disbanded (among many other projects).

    I agree, the album stuff is better. Give a closer listen to the second album stuff... Although our most popular songs were on the first album, the second album was written and recorded right when we were really coming into our own as a band. It's more fresh and original, and less derivative IMO. We recorded that second album literally in our last days as a band...

    Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Car vs Driver were from Atlanta, and existed from 1993 to 1995. Inkwell formed during our existence as a band, and we were friends with them & played many shows together. The Kossabone Red came after us, but was from our scene. James, our drummer, started the Beyond Failure blog. He went on to the Hal Al Shedad after Car vs Driver disbanded (among many other projects).

    I agree, the album stuff is better. Give a closer listen to the second album stuff... Although our most popular songs were on the first album, the second album was written and recorded right when we were really coming into our own as a band. It's more fresh and original, and less derivative IMO. We recorded that second album literally in our last days as a band...

    Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete