Monday, August 15, 2016

Those high school bands you will never forget

Colorchromatic
These guys were active between the time I was in high school, considering they were a bit local where I live these guys rolled with bands like Matsuri and Moldar. The band mixed a lot from hardcore emo and even a bit of a jazzy mathy jangly thing going on. The band released an instrumental demo, Spirals and Tenet. Some songs off Tenet were also in the a 5 way split with DEERS, Animal lover, MNWA and Pansori. A limited amount of copies were made for the band's 2nd album Tenet between both formats of CD and cassette. I bought mines a few years back from Radical friends records for one dollar. The band also have 2 unreleased songs Lyrics won't reach the audience blogspot had somehow obtained. Shit, I almost forgot about this band honestly. I don't want it to be forgotten. The drummer went on the drum for 10k I don't really remember where the other members headed to after this. Too bad Tenet never had a re-release in vinyl. It really deserves a vinyl release. Maybe this will never happen at all. The band has a bandcamp where you can download most of their songs exception of the 2 unreleased ones and the instrumental demo.
Bandcamp

ColorChromatic/Deers!/Animal Lover/мища/Pansori 5 way split LP

Tenet

Demo

Unreleased

Matsuri
Matsuri in the other hand I had mainly recognize them with the split they made with DEERS! and from there I had picked up on Matsuri's debut EP entitled "Whales". They had also released 2 other splits with Moldar, one that was a live split from Poo Haus and a split 12" called "Sell my pipe if you need to" this split in particular is amazing. Matsuri has a song that was never studio recorded called "Horsemask" which sounds very similar to the sounds of Moldar. Texas toast released this split using a manila folder while 300 records were pressed, This split comes with a poster and a DVD. Matusri finally did a debut and only LP called Endship which is a masterpiece and the main legacy of this band. The record represents beauty and unfortunately I never got to own this LP.
Bandcamp

Whales EP

Matsuri/DEERS! split

Matsuri/Moldar split 12"

Moldar
Moldar in the other hand existed as well between these 2 other bands. The band really did not release a whole lot during its active life. They had done a demo in which this demo was added to the bands first EP called "First five" they had also done a split CD with Calculator. These 2 songs were added to the bands final EP called Last five which I was able to score. It comes with a zine made by the band. Lastly there is also a unreleased song called "Decay" Mark himself was able to show me. After Moldar Mark went on to form Summer vacation I think he also formed Baby breath for a little while after Moldar. I don't know, Mark did a couple of other bands such as Ten thousand leagues, Dream caste (Who released one cassette) I was able to snag the 2 splits 10k made and Dream caste's cassette off from him when I met him on Calculators final show, he also formed the best of Winter break and as of now he is also in another great band called Heritage unit which reminds me a little of Ten thousand leagues. Moldar in the other hand may be one of the most emo bands he was in and possibly the very first. Vocally talented and instrumentally emotional. I made a discography for myself a few years ago that has the bands first five, final five and the unreleased song. A discography needs to be made for this some time in the future.

Calculator/Moldar split

Last Five EP

Discography

No comments:

Post a Comment