Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thisismenotthinkingofyou

Another review on the way, TIMNTOY was a band I fell asleep on until The limbic system hit the US sometime last year. It's a screamo band from the UK that sometimes does some odd ambiance between some songs. While in other terms it is known as "Emo violence" (I honestly think that whole aspect of whatever that is sounds really silly I just consider it as emotive hardcore in general. Because it really is without the dumb hip terms) They are short, loud and aggressive. I was lucky that I ran into The limbic system. Shaun who runs Adorno records is part of this band. There are a few more (actually a good handful) of other releases this band put out. I will start of with The limbic system. It's a 7" that I can say qualifies as its own sound. I don't know how to put it in more words. TIMNTOY has its own sound (Or at least for that matter since I don't really listen to a whole lot of todays screamo) I feel that the 2nd wax 7" release entitled "Thalamic Incongruity" is the continuation of The limbic system and is rather shorter since it is single sided and all the songs rounds up to about 5 minutes. Since both 7"s have similar titles which refers to parts of the brain so I would say both are relatable. Now for Obstructive sleep.. I know the newest release is a 2 track EP called Swollen tongues but Obstructive sleep appears to be as an LP. Oddly I want to say the 12" is rather more of a compilation. Side B contains a few earlier releases that did not make it to wax. While there are a few other releases that are missing I still think it does a fine job keeping up as a long play. The LP rounds up around 20 something songs. It's all loud but also quiet in some areas here and there. You can't expect steadiness from this band. It is one thing i like. While a lot of the louder hardcore bands like to go out with a bang and end this LP ends with its signature of ambiance as if it is taking a break and goes all loud again. Honestly this technique pumped me up while hearing the entire record. It was fucking enjoyable and nice quality too. The only small downside is the LP did not come with inserts so as much as I wanted to vibe with words I didn't find myself getting emotionally with the songs but I did get a hard kick though. I do recommend picking up all 3 records for you US people off from the coolest label Middle man records. I do believe Shawn has all 3 on his label right now. For sure Obstructive sleep is on there since it was part of a split release between MMR, Adorno and Dingleberry I believe. If you live in Europe then pick it up from the other Shaun at his label Adorno. If you haven't heard of this band then be prepared to have something to enjoy over the weekend because this band has made a ton of songs. Short ones but its a handful of this bands signature style.
Buy Obstructive sleep from MMR
The limbic system
Adorno records

The limbic system 7"

Thalamic incongruity 7"

Obstructive sleep 12"

Other releases (Up to date)
Swollen tongues EP
La dague d'encre
Split songs
Silence On Medicinal Street

No comments:

Post a Comment