Thursday, November 2, 2017

King slender's 7"

Time for that November stuff I talked about. The weather now shifted to its gloom like cold times up here in Long beach. Finally more time to be cozy and listen to some records. Holy fuck it is good to see a amazing band put out a 7" record. These days bands like to put out more tapes and 12" records that they forget about my favorite ones, the 7"s. King slender put out an amazing demo tape last year and this year the band worked on 4 new songs that just nail it to perfection. I can consider this to be at my very top favorite releases of this year. When I played this 7" this one sounded very retro like some post hardcore/screamo band from like the late 90's. It was shockingly amazing. As for the sleeves there is no insert but in back of the cover contains info and lyrics. It's simply amazing and one I can talk about for a while. All the credit is due to Killer Tofu Records (I never heard of this label until this was put out by them) David from Zegema beach records is doing the tape format of this so you should check that out if you are into cassettes. While the mp3 downloads are not available until November 11 I think I did rip this 7" for stream on youtube and you can listen to it yourself. If you havent heard of this band I would consider checking my post on the bands demo here

1 comment:

  1. I actually just recently bought this 7 inch. It's the purple version. I really wasn't a big fan... didn't do it for me, I was expecting a little more out of them

    ReplyDelete