Thursday, September 14, 2017

Her way

Some rant
I will try to keep up with this blogspot. These days I feel like its dead even though I post up here. Just to me I feel like there is no point of sometimes having this one running. There are not a lot of active blogspots these days. Seems like these days everyone uses tumblr (which I think it is the absolute worst way to talk about bands up there) I might be one of the few 20-30 active blogspots around that are in the emo dimension. I am not certain how I feel about having this blogspot running for next year. Perhaps all of next year may rap up everything as far as the emo glossary. I do feel like I have covered most bands no ones done yet, I spent a shit load of money on finding these records (which thank fuck I have these) Sometimes I get teenagers telling me "Why bother buying records when you can download them for free" well who are you downloading them from? from people like me who post them up. To me I feel like emo is dead and it crippled itself when weird pop "twinkly" indie bands went on to title themselves as the new generation of emo. While there are a good few active emo bands that are emo I can't help to think about the ugly fan boy faces of American football nerds who are overly obsessed and make memes on "what's the emoest" type of shitposts. It went far back to a point that emo no longer has a meaning but is just rather "being sad about cheesy shit bands like American football" (if that band was ever emo to begin with) while I do keep this blogspot active for most folks who like the genre lately I have pushed myself away from the scene to the point where on my top 2017 album list at least 9 of the releases are not even emo. It is pretty sad to see the ending time of such a amazing genre that helped me out along my teenage years and it wasn't all about narcissist comments or about "How emo of a fuck boi am I" Maybe I am ahead of myself and perhaps I do not want to admit that my emo phase is done, while I have been looking more forward to the french house/disco house/future funk scene that is being much more new with a lot of artists coming up with singles every week emo might just be too dead for me? Of course I still rock my Jerome's dreamo, Portrait shirts and even my Toru Okada hoodie but it's just been a sad feeling on how emo is just turning out up on top of the view from the hill I am standing. I am happy that there are people who appreciate what I do and the fact is that is what pushes me to get off my ass and take time to reevaluate these bands. Anyways, here is another band I am sure none of you ever heard. Isn't it exciting?

Her way
Another obscure find I got for like 4 dollars I think on discogs from my boy Ross Martin again. A good handful of records I have posted here over the past 2 years are ones I have purchased from that guy.
I hardly have any info on these guys. This was one of those "Buy before you listen cause boy you gotta convert this to mp3" so I gave this a listen and I really enjoyed the surprise. This band was from Memphis, TN. There are 2 versions of this LP a regular press and the one I have which is a cardboard cover spray painted limited to 20. I was lucky to get # 6. Her way is a pretty standard lovey emo band that recorded this record in early 1998 and released later in 1998. I am pretty sure the band broke up right before the show release for this band due to the fact in the insert it says "Her way was and will always be" but that's just a hypothesis. 7 songs were made and they are all pretty good. June again would be my favorite though. That is as much as I can gather of the info on this band. Lucky bastards for running into this record and finally shedding some light so it can get the emo credit it deserves. I will say I was hoping to see some lyrics but the insert barely covers any info besides the band members names and the thanks they give. The band has a similar sound of a early and much better tune of The promise ring along the lines with Pop unknown or something like that. Soft poppy "emo" shit but I will give Her way a emo pass. Besides it's just 7 songs. It does good for having a short discography you won't get bored of.

Her way 12"

5 comments:

  1. Really appreciate all your posts, regularly follow the blog for updates. Thanks for all the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really appreciate all your posts on both this blog and your old one. We definitely have similar goals. I hope you keep posting.

    It definitely seems like the emo scene has changed a lot in the past many years (I guess it always kind of did though haha), and sometimes it can feel like posting to an empty audience.

    What's really sad though, is music being lost/forgotten forever. You're definitely fighting the battle against that, and I would encourage it just on principle.

    Much love,

    Thisendlessbreath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to echo the above. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to echo the above. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete