Sunday, September 24, 2017

Bladine Cosima

Here is the last post for September. I rounded up some bands to talk about for October along with November and December. Here lies another obscure band 99% of you were not aware of. This band caught my attention when I saw this 7" being released by Sanguine records (Same label that released the Portrait 10" record) so this band... Yeah its one of those buy and convert to mp3 (again) I was pretty curious what the fuck I got myself into and so I heard the band and I was a bit surprised how this bands only 3 song 7" turned out. I dislike doing the "this sounds like..." posts but this shit sounds like Cap'n jazz and Drive like Jehu. So if you like that shit you will fuck to this. The first song has a Cap feel while the second song is more slower and acoustic like. 3rd song on side B goes in between Cap and Drive which was kinda interesting I suppose (pretty over done) seems like a lot of bands liked Drive like Jehu since Arm and Calabash case did the same style too in the mid 90's. Since this is the bands only release I am glad it wasn't overly done or even existed long to get me tired of this shit. Anyways, this 7" is neat since its enough to get the point across. Members were in a band called Water and Caffiend in the early 90's before Bladine. This 7" was released sometime in '96 so members already had some band experience. I liked the bands manila sleeve. It's one of those manila covers glued with the artwork. There is even a nice looking insert with this 7". While I am not a huge fan of Cap'n Jazz I dig this bands influence. But yeah, I think you kids will like this one.

Bladine Cosima 7"

1 comment: