Sunday, March 26, 2017

Traluma

I am back with a new post and I am sorry that I've gone for a while. I had some shit to take care of and in all honesty as music productive I had pushed myself less from the emo scene. In some way I haven't been attracted to it as much as I once was. Honestly, the French house, nu disco, future funk music scene has been getting to me lately that I am often ignoring this emo gem. This doesn't mean I will bounce from here of course. I still have plenty of stuff to post up here. Tramula (Another Caulfield records band) were a post hardcore band active between 1995-1998 releasing 2 7's, one split 7" and one LP/CD not to mention they also had done a demo tape session as well. The band is from Chicago and Caulfield records put out 2 of the 7"s and their LP. Their first LP was released sometime in 1996 while the second one in 1997. One of the songs from the second 7" was re-recorded for the bands LP. In that same year the band released a split 7" with a band called Nobuhjest which they seem like a shortlived band considering discogs only shows they made that split and a self titled 7". Finally their debut and final full length "Seven days awake" was put out by Caulfield in 1998 which the band shortly after disbanded a year after. A few months after the band recorded demo sessions for a second full length LP that never got its way around, these were known as the 1998 demos. Instrumentals and demos of tracks that would have been part of the bands second LP. In 1999 the bassist passed away from cystic fibrosis. This caused the band to end. One of the members went off the play with Radio Flyer (Who released one full length) Traluma is pretty decent and really easy to listen to. The LP is a good record to start with since it is the main part of the band while the 7"s are just the build up of the band. It's a pretty great Caulfield band next to M.I.J's Goodnight radio (that was released a few months after this record).

Tell tale replace/Sweet tasting champagne 7"

Klondike revolution/Featherweight holiday 7"

Both 7"s and the split track

1998 demos

Seven days awake 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment