Thursday, March 2, 2017

Leer

Have no idea how I even ran into these guys but I think it might have been when their song was featured on the kali mixtape volume 1. I loved their song off that compilation I decided to check their bandcamp. I ended up really getting into their split tape with Cerce. I only saw them once and that was in the GUID. I love everything about this band that their debut LP Spring break no parents was my favorite record of 2013. All I can say I was pretty mad that once this record was released nothing else of them came out for about almost 3 years. I believe this was the final LP Texas toast DIY put out because I directly ordered from them before the label called quits. One of the few minor things I want to add is that the early press version I have did not come with a lyrics sheet. I believe some of the early records had them missing including my copy but now there are some new presses of the record that includes this insert. I thought the band disappeared at one point until months ago the band were going to do a split 7" with a band outside the US called Pens+. I am familiar with this band a bit before this split. This happens to be PENS debut on wax. I do expect for leer to come out with a second and more lengthy LP next year. It was cool that Lauren records was behind this amazing split. I am sure a bunch of people went out and pre ordered it like I did. Since the bands existence they released a 5 song ep in 2011, a split tape with Cerce in 2012 along with a early demo from Spring break's LP that same year, Spring break no parents in 2013 and this split in late December 2016. I really want to see Leer have more releases. They will be playing in March at Bridgetown and I will surely not miss that show. Leer is probably one of the few active bands I like. Be sure to get their LP and split off Lauren records. It is the debut wax for Pens and I am not sure if they will ever have a North American release after this so this one is one you should totally grab. Remember "It's 2017 and people don't buy records anymore" fuck that guy who said that.
Bandcamp
Purchase Spring break no parents
Purchase Pens+/Leer split


Spring break no parents 12"

PENs+/Leer Split 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment