Tuesday, December 13, 2016

On the might of princes

I am back again for more posts. This was a emo/post hardcore band from Long Island, NY. There is a much longer history on their debut CD than with the post on Arm so I will sum it up. They began in the late 90's. They recorded a demo tape, the dude who runs Rok lok records put the bands first album out because he was super in love with the demo he coped from these guys. After a while they had a new drummer and made a second album, I think "Where you are, and where you want to be" got a bit more aggressive than their debut. The final album called Sirens was a total hit and miss and honestly forgotten to me. I sometimes forget they even had a 3rd album I'm constantly juggling back and forth with the first 2 lengths. Maybe because Rok Lok did a remastered of these 2 later on in 2007. The band broke up in 2004 and reunited in 2006 along in 2008 and 2012. Jason Rosenthal who did vocals and guitar passed away the following year. It's a good band with catchy riffs and shouty sing alongs that easily got me into them. Both CD's contain some bonus songs like demos from the demo tape that did not make it in the first full length, live songs, etc.

The making of a conversation

Where you are and where you want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment