Monday, April 2, 2018

Clikatat Ikatowi

Every bandcamp band tagged as skramz, emo, screamo, twinkle daddies are the same carbon copies of other better bands. Change my mind
As I have said before, I am no longer looking out for any new modern bands. Most are just the same bullshit I already heard 50 times from other bands 8 years ago. I rather stick to some old bullshit. Clikatat Ikatowi was also part of the Gravity records family in San Diego releasing a demo tape, one full length an EP and a live album. Clikatat sounds very alike Antioch arrow to me. So if you know Antioch arrow then you likely know Clikatat. The drummer was part of other bands (Memorable for Thingy and Hot snakes for me) while Scott from Heroin joined this band. I always see their album "Orchestrated and conducted by" as a Self titled for some dumb fucking reason confusing the shit out of me when I first discovered them. People probably don't know how to read a fucking album title in the front. I like the bands demo and first LP. River of souls is good but its short. I usually feel whatever about live albums. C.I is a pretty well sounding with emotive hardcore and at times mixing it up with some math rock almost like Blame game in some sense. Just like every fucking good band, they ended in '97.

Demo

Orchestrated and conducted by

River of souls EP

August 29+30 1995

1 comment:

  1. I picked up "River Of Souls at a record store because the drummer used to play the drums for a legendary hardcore band called "411" and he also is/was a professional skateboarder. Mario Rublecabba(I more than likely butchered the spelling of the last name) last I knew he was playing for "Rocket from the Crypt."

    ReplyDelete