Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Ambulance! Ambulance! and Fiction Like Non-Fiction


If you have been there since the start I have previously brought up this band on my past crappy blogspots in high school. Before Lord snow, Suffix, Grown ups, Brighter Arrows, Coping and my favorite Lautrec (Maybe you're familiar to) started these two bands were associated with the rest. This was around the time when the members lived in San Francisco. I wanted to bring up these bands because they were part of the history with Lautrec. Ambulance! Ambulance! was a 5 piece or 6 piece (Idunno) hardcore band that had a pretty generic sound. The band self released two demos in 2005 (Members might have been in high school) the two demos are pretty decent as far as quality. The band later released the last two demos which has the transition sounds of the later Fiction like non fiction. Mac, vocalist of ambulance, fiction and lautrec ran a little diy label called Guesthouse. From what I know is that Guesthouse was a home venue (Which later moved to Chicago?) I can't say I am 100% certain but I am following along the lines. Fiction released a EP entitled "Rick or die" info on the EP is that members had a friend named Rick who I guess they joked on the EP and most of the songs were just loose titled based on rick. The cd was under guesthouse, guesthouse had a myspace so photos of that CD exists. From there on the band did a 3 song demo which later turned out to be re-recorded for the bands second ep which was a simple Self-titled. It includes 2 new versions off the Rick or die EP and 3 new ones I think. There was also a second demo thrown between the self titled and rick. The band finally released a demo song simply entitled as Cold winter '07. As far as other releases they had planned on releasing a third and final 4 song EP called ""I can't believe I knew you" that never came out I believe this could have been because Mac moved to Chicago and formed Iwanu Ga Hana and Lautrec (Respectively both bands sound the same honestly) It's a mystery for me to also know that Fiction had a discography LP so says discogs but I can't get any other clear information on this release. If you're looking for any other Lautrec tunes Fiction like non fiction is simply a pre-Lautrec while Ambulance! Ambulance! is a pre-Fiction. Thanks to the reddit post I was able to gather the actual fiction songs. I just checked and that reddit post no longer exists. Because so I think it be another nice addition to the blogspot. I uploaded everything, for Ambulance! Ambulance! there's the first 3 song demo then the 2005 demo and the guesthouse demos. For Fiction like non fiction there's the Rick or die EP, 2006 demos, Self titled EP, another set of guesthouse demos and the cold winter '07 track.

Ambulance! Ambulance! Discography
Fiction Like Non-Fiction Discography

2 comments:

  1. The Rick thats mentioned all over Fiction is the same Rick that played drums in lautrec suffix and currently lord snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete