Friday, October 13, 2017

Staircase

This band was only famous for their split with Funeral diner (They basically had their 2 second of emo fame for that split) other than that the band fell to abyss. Fucking strange how every blogspot that introduces this split never bothered covering this band considering they did a split with a more well known average emo attire band like FD. The band also released a 2 song self titled 7" which is fucking amazing but a fuck ton of shame no one bothered ripping this one for me 9 years ago to get. So I found myself a 2 dollar copy and ripped the son of bitch. Sleeves on this one is amazing along with its insert. But it is one of those short lived bands I don't think anyone will remember them for besides that split. For what its worth the 7 songs are worthwhile, we have seen short discographies from bands up here so it isn't amusing to see Staircase being on that obscure list. I remember listening to their songs off the split in which led me wonder if anything else by them existed, I was really hoping a large discography of at least 3 more splits and 2 LP's. But nah the band left 2 more songs besides those 5.

Staircase 7" (Funeral diner split tracks included)

No comments:

Post a Comment