Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hundred years war

While stumbling on vinyl I couldn't find on mp3 Hundred years war kinda stood out for a while for me. Curious Gio as fuck I decided to go with the bands self released split 7" and the bands only LP. I was actually surprised what I got myself into. It's some pretty good hardcore/screamo that does a little instrumental here and there too as well. A bit of a experiment type of band sort of speak. The screams go into a slight Jeromes dream kinda. It is the closest I can describe but technically speaking it isn't to that extend. Maybe at a medium of The truth about dreaming? But it's sorta in between there. I did like the expectations for the LP just a shame it was one of those bands I had to find for myself. But because i found it I will share it out to the rest of you. It is indeed a forgotten emotive hardcore band that just drifted on between 1999-2000. They left a pretty short discography though. 2 splits and the LP. The last release being the split with Tem Eyos Ki has a little metal Jeromes dream sound. This was the only available song I was able to hear which got me very curious for The lidless eye LP.

Hundred Years War/Shere Khan Split 7"

The lidless eye 12"
Discography

1 comment:

  1. Great band, so thank you for putting it up for DL. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but Chip King, the vocalist, is in a blackened sludgy band called the Body that is AWESOME. I was fortunate to see HYW live a few times and have always loved their lp but never had the MP3s until now, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete